- 1950 – Jean ESCHARAVIL’s grandfather founded a workshop for the setting up and maintenance of weighing scales.
- 1955 – Jean ESCHARAVIL decided to produce scales and launches the PRECIA brand name.
- 1960 – The first optical weight indicator is created.
- 1968 – Transition from mechanical to electronic systems.
- 1979 – Founding of ATEX, a company specialized in manufacturing of load cells.
- 1985 – Introduction of the company on the Lyon stock exchange.
- 1985 – The first weighing desktop computer to come to France.
- 1986 – Opening ceremony of the new factory specialized in the manufacturing of load cells.
- 1993 – Acquisition of MOLEN, a Dutch weighing company founded in 1867 and of YERNAUX, a French company specialized in dynamic bulk weighing and dosing.